Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Pre heat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
- In a large mixing bowl add the chickpea flour and salt then mix to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour mix and slowly add the water whilst whisking until it forms a smooth and thin batter.
- Set aside for 1 hour to rest.
- When ready to cook add the oil to a small roasting tin approximately 24 x 31 cm or a medium sized cast iron frying pan.
- Place into the hot oven for 4-5 mins or until very hot.
- Remove pan from the oven, then give the chickpea batter a stir. Pour the batter into the hot pan and sprinkle over the rosemary.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook for 10-15 mins or until the mixture has set to a golden-brown colour and is crisp around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and season generously with salt and pepper, leave to rest for 5 mins.
- Cut or tear into whatever shape you wish and serve.