Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- In a blender add 250g strawberries, ginger, zest and juice of both lemon and lime, black pepper and salt.
- Blend on full speed until completely combined to a sauce consistency.
- Remove strawberry mix from the blender and add to a small saucepan.
- Add the caster sugar and the ground spices to the strawberry mix.
- Heat the saucepan over a low heat and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl to allow to cool completely.
- To serve divide your prepared strawberries amongst the serving bowls, spoon over some strawberry sauce, add a dollop of your favourite ice cream, spoon over a little more sauce and top with mint.