Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. For the sauce pop your fresh tomatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic cloves, cumin, *whole chipotle chilies, add a dash of salt and smoked paprika in a blender and blend until your sauce is nice and smooth.
Tip: Add a splash of water if your sauce gets to thick (the consistency should be similar to a spaghetti sauce). *Pre-soak dried chipotle chilies in hot water until soft before adding in the blender.
2. Chop all 3 onions into thin strips. Lots of onions are key in this recipe.
3. Then in a heated pan add a couple tablespoons of grapeseed oil and sauté the Sunfed Chicken-Free Chicken for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Add your sliced onions and cook until they are nice and soft. Sprinkle salt to taste.
4. Next, add your sauce to the Sunfed Chicken Free Chicken and onions. Then, add 2-3 whole bay leaves, sprinkle in your chili flakes, stir and place a lid on top. Let it simmer on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. When your Tinga has cooled, dish it up on a Tio Pablo tostada. Add a dollop of our huckleberry chipotle aioli and garnish with coriander.