Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. In a heavy based deep casserole, heat the ghee over a medium heat
3. Add the onions and cook gently over a medium heat until soft
4. Add the rice and Waihi Bush spice seasoning, mixing well to ensure the grains are well coated
5. Pour in the soaked saffron and liquid, then add the drained raisins and top up with water so the rice is covered by at least 3 cm or up to the first knuckle of your finger
6. Bring to the boil then cover with tinfoil or a lid and place in the oven to cook for 35-40 mins
7. Gently squeeze the whole rehydrated figs back into a nice plump form ready to go on top of the rice.
8. Remove from the oven and granish with dollops of yogurt over the surface, the rehydrated whole figs and scatter over the hazelnuts and the Raspberry and Beetroot Chips.
9. Add a few mint leaves for a pop of green and serve immediately.