Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinegar and honey until combined.
- In a roasting pan add in your tomatoes and pour over the balsamic mixture.
- On a separate oven tray add the eggplant and zucchini and toss in olive oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini in the oven for 30mins then remove from oven and leave to cool reserving the juice from the tomato tray for later.
- Heat a pan on medium with roughly a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in your red onion and herbs. Pan fry until fragrant.
- Take off the heat and add in your cooked bulgur wheat and mix until all ingredients are evenly mixed in.
- Assemble bulgar wheat, roasted tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini in a dish. Pour over the juice saved from the tomato tray.
- Top with a big spoonful of hummus, your choice of protein and freshly chopped basil. Tastes great warm or cold the next day for lunch.
Recipe by Sarah Henderson