Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a 1.2 litre baking dish with butter.
- Butter one side of the baguette rounds.
- Arrange one layer of buttered baguette over the base of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the apricots and sultanas.
- Cover with another layer of the baguette slices and the remaining dried fruit.
- In a large jug add the milk, cream, caster sugar, and orange zest and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs to the milk mixture and whisk to combine again.
- Pour the milk mixture over the baguette slices. Press down the baguette slices gently to help absorb the egg mixture, leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle over some freshly grated nutmeg.
- Bake for 30-40 mins. Serve in bowls dusted with icing sugar and a scoop of your favourite ice cream.