Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease a 1.2 litre oblong or oval enamel baking dish with butter.
- Butter the hot cross bun halves. Arrange one layer of buttered hot cross buns over the base of the baking dish. Sprinkle with half the blueberries and cacao nibs.
- Cover with another layer of the hot cross buns and the remaining fruit and cacao nibs.
- In a large jug add the milk, cream, caster sugar, and lemon zest and whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs to the milk mixture and whisk to combine again.
- Pour the milk mixture over the hot cross bun slices. Press down the hot cross bun slices gently to help absorb the egg mixture, leave to soak for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle over some freshly grated nutmeg.
- Bake in the Pre-heated oven for 30-35 mins or until set.
- Serve in bowls dusted with icing sugar and a scoop of coconut yoghurt.