Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan (make sure to choose one with a lid as this will be needed later) over a medium heat.
- Add half of the fennel and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer cooked fennel from the pan to a plate and repeat with the rest of the fennel wedges.
- With the sauté pan still on the heat add the remaining olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and vinegar and boil to reduce by half.
- Add the stock, tomato, capers, olives and oregano, stir to combine.
- Bring up to a simmer and cook for two mins, season to taste.
- Add the fennel to the pan and cover. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the fennel is soft and the sauce has thickened, turning the fennel half way through.
- Serve in a large bowl or plate sprinkled with the crumbled feta and remaining oregano.