People & careers
What we all have in common at Huckleberry
What we all have in common, is a love – some might say obsession – of sharing good food and eating what’s wholesome and fresh. And we’re stoked to help people discover new ways to make their homes, personal care and lifestyles healthy, safe and sustainable.
Like to know what’s new in store, what’s in season, and exactly what to do with this exotic vegetable? Ask us.
Or where to find that organic skincare that makes people ask if you’ve just had a week off? We’ll show you!
As a sustainable New Zealand business, we’re proud to be a living wage employer. That means every one of our awesome team gets a fair pay, so they can afford a decent standard of living. We just believe it’s the right thing to do.
Looking after our people
Got an appetite to join the Huckleberry team?
If you’re a passionate foodie, interested in healthy living and wellness, and looking for a new challenge, we’d like to hear from you.
Email us your CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re keen to join us here at Huckleberry to email@example.com. We’ll be in touch when a role comes up that you might be interested in.
Latest vacancies in the Huckleberry team:
Barista / Front of House Team member
Listed: 25th June 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for A FULL TIME role that is focused on great coffee and food service at our in store organic Café, as well as supporting the retail operation as required. This is a place for our customers to find delicious food options that can cater to a variety of food needs as well as be a place to try new items. Our café is an environment where warm and friendly customer service and high quality coffee and food meet the needs of our customer base.
Key Skills: Operationally
- Exceptionally good customer service and communication skills
- Good hygiene practices and understanding of working to a Food Control plan in connection to hygiene and best practices for handling foods, allergens, etc.
- A good understanding of the requirements of health and safety in regard to the working flow and handling goods.
- A good understanding of the day to day operations of the cafe and food retail
- Qualified barista with good coffee making skills backed up by a minimum of 1 years on the job barista experience
- Food service experience.
- Ability to lead a small team and problem solve under pressure.
- Good time management skills in order to ensure daily and weekly tasks are completed.
- Organised and customer focused.
- Well organized.
- Fast paced but methodical.
- Good communicator.
- Highly approachable and friendly.
- A keen desire to grow and learn.
- Passion for organics and sustainability.
Café and food service experience, understands that good warm service creates repeat customers.
The ideal candidate won't see the counter as a barrier but as a means to engage and involve the customer. Has food handling experience and knowledge relating to working under a FCP.
Day to Day tasks Include:
Provide high level customer service
Knowledgeable of the cafe & retail offerings.
Production of high quality Coffee.
Deals with customer complaints to find the best possible outcome and resolution
Support retail operations when required.
Works with the team to complete daily stock management routines of the department that may include purchasing, waste and markdown management, stock holding, invoicing and inwards goods processes and availability.