Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Soften the coconut oil, by placing the jar in a bowl of warm water. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse quickly to keep some texture and give it crunch.
- Place this dry mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the wet ingredients, including the cacao powder, to the food processor and blend until smooth and paste-like. Add a spoonful of water to help with the blending, if required.
- Add the date mixture to the dry ingredients, along with the oats and stir until well combined.
- Press the batter into a 20 x 20cm baking dish, making sure to compact it firmly.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden. Remove and cut into bars.
- Store bars in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
-Recipe by chantal organics.