Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- In a medium-sized fry pan, brown the chicken in a small amount of butter for about 10 minutes. Season well with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken is browning, add the onion, canned tomatoes, passata, chillies, tomato paste, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, ginger and garlic into the slow cooker and stir well.
- When the chicken is browned add it to the tomato mixture and stir again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and set the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- Before serving, stir in the almond milk and butter.
- Serve over rice, quinoa or sautéed vegetables, such as silverbeet, courgette or whatever seasonal veggies you have on hand.
- Garnish with coriander and enjoy!
-Recipe by Chantal Organics