Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. Cut butternut &pumpkin into med size pieces. Discard seeds from pumpkin & roast at approx. 180º for 20 -30 minutes until softly roasted.
2. Remove from oven to cool slightly before removing skin & set aside.
3. In a med size pot heat coconut oil on medium heat.
4. Add leeks & cook until soft and translucent.
5. Add in cumin, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt & pepper to leeks & cook out spices, stirring regularly for 3 minutes.
6. Add broth to spiced leeks & bring to boil, quickly reducing heat. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. This forms your soup base.
7. Transfer your soup base to a blender or food processor & add roasted pumpkin, kumara & a big squeeze of lemon juice.This may need to be blended in batches.
8. Once soup mix is combined & blended to your desired consistency, transfer mix back into pot & heat on low on the stove for a few minutes.
9. Remove from heat & stir through ½ cup (or ½ pottle) coconut yoghurt.
10. Serve with an extra dollop of coconut yoghurt, squeeze of lemon and spring of fresh coriander. Enjoy!