Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Rinse kelp noodles in warm water.
- Use a julienne peeler to make noodles with the carrot and zucchini.
- Thinly slice capsicum and onion.
- Chop baby spinach and remove stems from the coriander.
- Put dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Place kelp noodles and sliced veggies in a large mixing bowl and pour over dressing.
- Use tongs or your hands to toss the salad until it is combined well.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat.
- Cook tempeh for 1-2 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Let it cool for a few minutes and crumble with your hands.
- Transfer salad to two serving plates and sprinkle the crumbled tempeh and sesame seeds on top. Enjoy!
If you are unable to find the tofurkey smoky maple tempeh you could try a mix of tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos, liquid smoke and maple syrup to marinade. A tsp of each should be plenty. Leave tempeh to marinate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
Recipe my Mel Chrisp