Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. Peel and grate the potatoes. Wash well for 2-3 minutes in cold water then squeeze dry in tea towel.
2. Separate egg yolks from whites. Add yolks and onion to potato and season well with salt. Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold in.
3. Heat oil to hot, add tablespoon dollops of potato mix and fry until golden. For best results cook in small batched, drain onto a paper towel.
4. Combine together all sauce ingredients.
5. Spread the sauce on the latkes, add the salmon shavings, garnish with chervil sprigs and serve.
-Recipe by Aoraki