Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Bring the water, vinegar together in a large saucepan to boil. Set aside to cool.
- Cook the eggplants for 3-4 minutes covered in boiling water, drain well and set aside.
- Heat a little of the cooking oil in a fry over a medium heat and add the chilli, fennel seeds and garlic.
- Cook for 1-2 mins or until fragrant then add the drained eggplant slices allowing to brown on all sides.Remove from the heat and stir through the herbs.
- Pack the eggplant into prepared jars and pour over the vinegar.
- These can be eaten immediately but are best left for 1 week to mature.