Need to top up on pantry essentials?
To pickle the beetroot, combine the vinegar, sugar, spices and 1 litre of water in a pot over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Bring to the simmer, reduce heat to low and cook for 25-30 mins or until tender.
- Set aside to cool completely then remove the spices.
- Cook the lentils in a pot with enough water to cover them on a medium heat for 10-12 mins or until tender.
- Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Heat a little oil in a fry pan and cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat till well softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the fresh herbs, add the lentils and beetroot and mix well.
- Turn out onto a large platter and dot over the mozzarella.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.