Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. Make the raspberry chia jam by blending ¾ cup of the raspberry (leaving ¼ aside), freeze-dried raspberries, sweetener, vanilla and salt until smooth.
2. Gently fold in the rest of the raspberries and chia seeds. Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before using, stirring several times to activate the chia seeds and prevent clumping.
3. Wash peaches and apples thoroughly and pat dry. Slice the peach in half removing the stone, then slice the peach and apple into approximately 5mm thick rounds. Don’t worry about the apple core, you will remove that next.
4. Using a small cookie cutter approximately 1.5cm wide, make a doughnut hole in the centre of each slice, this should remove the core of the apple.
5. Brush the apples and peach with a bit of lemon juice to prevent browning if you won’t be eating them straight away.
6. Place the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix together.
7. Spread 1−2 tsp of almond butter on each slice of peach, and sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon mixture. Spread 1−2 tsp of the raspberry chia jelly on each apple slice.
8. Serve straight away or store in the refrigerator for a few hours first before using.
9. Sprinkle with a few edible flowers or freeze dried berries to make party ready in seconds.
Use any fruit that you can make into rounds. Peaches and apples work particularly well.
Equipment required: Blender.
-Recipe by little bird organics. Shop key ingredients below.