Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. In a non-stick frypan, place enough olive oil to coat the bottom. Put the tempeh strips in the pan and drizzle with tamari. Cook one side until golden and turn and cook the other side, drizzling with a little more tamari. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Have all your veggies chopped and ready to cook as well as the ginger, garlic and chilli if using. Put olive oil in a fry pan or wok and stir fry the onions first for a few minutes following with the ginger and garlic and chilli flakes.
3. On a medium to high heat, slowly add the other vegetables being sure to put in the ones that take the longest to cook first like carrots, broccoli and cauliflower and ending with the ones that take less time like mushrooms, snow peas and Asian greens. Add a little water as necessary, to prevent sticking/burning on the bottom of the pan.
4. Work quickly and stir fry the veggies constantly with a fish slice or similar. As the vegetables are near done, add a few generous splashes of tamari and continue to stir fry, being conscious to get the veggies to an al dente point and avoid overcooking them.
5. Finally, add the cooked tempeh and give a last stir before serving immediately into bowls and garnishing with toasted sesame seeds.
-Recipe by Tonzu