Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake and line an 8″ springform tin with baking paper
2. Place the ground almonds, rice flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. You can also use a food processor and pulse until well mixed and smooth.
5. Lastly add the melted coconut oil and fold in until combined.
6. Pour the cake mix into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
7. Place the cake into the centre of the oven to bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven and leave to cool in it’s tin on a wire rack to ensure the cake keeps it’s form.
9. When the cake is cool, remove from tin and place on a serving place. Spread a thick layer of coconut yoghurt over the top and decorate with fresh fruit, chopped pistachios and a drizzle of honey.
-Recipe by Chantal Organics