Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar, stir to combine and set aside.
- Add the butter to a large frying pan and set over medium heat.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla to the cinnamon mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a wide shallow bowl.
- Dip 4 slices of bread into the egg mixture.
- Add the eggy bread to the hot frying pan and fry for 2-3 mins or until golden brown, flip the slices over and cook on the other side for a further 2-3 mins.
- Remove to a warmed plate and repeat with the remaining slices.
- Serve with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup.