Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. In a medium pot heat the coconut oil, add the spices and fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add onion and cook for three minutes over low heat, stirring frequently, until translucent.
3. Add garlic and lentils then mix to combine and cook for a further two minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and water then bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until the lentils are cooked. (Once cooked they’ll be tender to touch – we always taste a spoonful to check)
5. Lastly, add the coconut milk, lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving suggestion: Divide into bowls and serve on a bed of brown rice and top with a dollop of coconut yoghurt.
-Recipe by Chantal Organics