Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces, place in a bowl with the flour, salt + pepper, and toss to coat.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a fry pan over medium heat, add chicken and cook until browned on both sides. Place on paper towel to drain.
3. Slice onion and capsicum into thin strips. Peel carrot and cut into chunks, wash zucchini and cut into chunks. Peel garlic and mince.
4. Heat remaining 1 tbsp of oil in fry pan and add onions. Cook over medium heat until onions begin to soften, then add the capsicum (or pumpkin) and garlic. Continue to cook a couple of minutes until the capsicum or pumpkin begins to soften. If the onion starts to stick to the pan add 1/2 of the water to release the caramelised onion juices from the bottom.
5. Add the pasta sauce and tomato paste to the pan, season with salt and pepper, bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
6. Place the chicken in a large oven proof dish, sprinkle over the olives, zucchini and carrot chunks, then pour over the tomato mixture. Cover the dish and place in the centre of the oven to cook for at least 1 to 1.5 hours. You’re aiming for the carrot and zucchini to be cooked through and the chicken tender.
7. Serve warm on top of pasta, rice, mashes potatoes, with a large green salad or simply on its own. Any leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days, this recipe also freezes well.