Need to top up on pantry essentials?
1. The night before, put your freshly made batch of coconut yogurt (approx 800gms from two cans of Chantal Organics coconut milk) into a cheesecloth-lined sieve, placed over a bowl to catch the liquid, in the fridge. While you sleep the liquid will strain from the yogurt, leaving a thick and creamy vegan labneh.
2. Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper and set the oven to 180 C Fanbake.
3. Make the nut base by whizzing the nuts in a food processor until they reach a crumb-like consistency, then add the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and salt until it starts to come together as a sticky dough. If you’re not sure it’s ready, press some together between your fingers, if it sticks it’s ready.
4. Press into the prepared cake tin, and bake for 10 mins. Check the sides of the tart case don’t catch, the oils in the nuts are easy to burn in an oven that runs a bit hot. Set aside to cool. When cool, carefully remove the tart from the cake tin and place it on a serving plate.
5. Gently mix the strained yogurt with the lime juice and honey.
6. Turn into the cooled tart case, spreading evenly, then arrange fruit on top, sprinkle lime zest and enjoy!
7. Store any leftovers (if there are any!) in the fridge.
-Recipe by Country Trading