Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook without colouring for 6-8 mins or until very soft.
- Add the miso and cook for a further 2-3 mins. Add the peas and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 mins or until tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Pour the mixture into a blender, you may need to do this in batches, or use a stick blender straight in to the saucepan and puree until smooth, thinning with a little more water if the soup is too thick, season to taste.
- Allow to cool completely before transferring to a resealable container and refrigerate for 1-2 hrs or overnight.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of chopped parsley and some crusty bread to mop up if you so wish.