Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Preheat oven 190 degrees.
- Peel carrots and Kumara and slice.
- Place slices onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with about 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Mix well to ensure everything has been fully coated.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes (stirring around 15 minutes) until soften and slightly caramelised.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Drain canned chickpeas and add to the blender with the roasted carrots, Kumara and remaining ingredients. Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- You can add extra lemon juice, salt or black pepper for your liking.
Oat & Walnut Crackers:
- Add the chia seeds to 1/3 cup water and soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked chia seeds and all the remaining ingredients into the food processor and process until the mixture comes together (add 1 Tbsp water if the mixture is too dry).
- Place mixture between two sheets of baking paper and roll out evenly.
- You can use cookie cutter or bake whole and break once baked (as I have done in this recipe).
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden (keep an eye they do not get burnt).