Need to top up on pantry essentials?
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine the banana, egg, vanilla, sugar, baking powder, ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon in a large bowl. Whisk together well.
- Add the almond meal and tapioca flour. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Finally, stir through the melted butter.
- Double line a 23cm spring-form cake pan with baking paper. This is very important otherwise you may have sugary leaks into your oven which can burn and smoke.
- Alternatively use a 23cm cast iron skillet (line with just a single layer).
- Pour the melted butter for the topping into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top.
- Lay the sliced bananas in the bottom and pour over the cake batter.
- Use a spatula to smooth out the top. Bake for 22 – 26 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Let the cake sit for 10 minutes before inverting onto a plate. Slice and serve with fresh cream, coconut yoghurt (for dairy free) or ice cream.
- Leftover cake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Gently reheat in the oven to serve.
Recipe by All Good Organics.