5 simple way to support your immune system this winter from our friends at Kiwiherb.
As the chill starts to tickle our toes, it’s time to focus on the cooler months ahead and the best ways to support immunity and wellness. Winter bugs come in all shapes and sizes.
Building resistance against winter bugs is essential at this time of year. Here are 5 ways to support your immune system this winter:
- Eat up: even the best diets may need some extra support for winter. Focus on immune nutrients such as Vitamins A, C and D, and minerals such as zinc, iron and selenium. You’ll find these in green leafy veg and brightly coloured fruit and veg, especially red, blue and orange ones.
- Aim for prevention: try to stock up on natural healthcare to give your immune system a boost. Think daily doses of herbs such as organic Echinacea root or a deliciously warming hot elderberry and blackcurrant drink.
- Hibernate: now’s the time to be like a bear and get good sleep!
- Think calm thoughts: reducing stress is key for a healthy immune system. Herbs like Withania and Chamomile are perfect for calming nerves and improving our stress response.
- Get outside: get fresh air into those lungs to keep them healthy! Autumn and winter are so much more joyful when we balance our inside cosy time with getting outside – plus, joy supports good immunity.
Honey: naturally sweet relief
With its soothing nature, honey is age-old support against winter bugs, especially dry, itchy throats. Mānuka Honey is the gold star of honey, which can help soothe winter bugs. You’ll find certified organic Mānuka Honey, for maximum goodness with no nasties, in a range of Kiwiherb products.
The best herbs for winter bugs
Herbal healthcare products don’t just have one active ingredient – they’re complex biochemical wonders that can provide support on many levels.
Look for ingredients like:
- Honey, which may help soothe chests and dry tickly throats.
- Herbs including Mullein, Hyssop, Thyme and Marshmallow root which have been traditionally used to support healthy respiratory systems.
Kiwiherb Herbal Chest Syrup is great for all ages, clearing airways in the chest by helping to loosen mucus and assisting the body with removing it from the respiratory tract. It also soothes the airways and supports a healthy respiratory system.
Kiwiherb Children’s Chest Syrup is specifically formulated for children to help clear congestion in the chest and has a gentle calming action to support rest and recovery.
In short, herbs and honey combine the very best properties of natural healthcare for tackling winter bugs of every kind!
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST CONSULT YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL. PHYTOMED, AUCKLAND.
Article provided by Kiwiherb