This pea soup is fabulous chilled or warmed and has a wonderful umami flavour. And better yet, it's vegan too!Read More
Friday, 27 July 2018 2:56:58 pm Pacific/Auckland
It's certainly soup season and this wonderful recipe from Christina Leon will not let you down when you're in need of something warming and nutritious.Read More
Tuesday, 13 September 2016 5:20:00 pm Pacific/Auckland
This tasty, filling, nutritious soup that has plenty of anti-inflammatory tumeric and warming spice! Full of lentils and brown rice it's alos super easy on the pocket.Read More
Thursday, 18 June 2015 12:09:26 pm Pacific/Auckland
This quick and easy soup can be adapted to make a salad dressing, sauce, gravy or dip.
- 2 cup hot beef, chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Zenian Creamed Coconut
- 1 kg fresh green beans, stems removed
Salt & pepper to taste
Steam green beans until just bright green. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, mix hot water/broth with Creamed coconut. Place all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth. Season to taste (see variations) and heat or chill. Serve warm or chilled.
- Adjust the water/broth as desired
- Add your favourite snippets of herbs or spices
- Use other green veggies in replace of green beans eg broccoli or spinach