Just typing about the organic Medjool dates found in Huckleberry's chilled produce section makes our mouths water! If you've never eaten them before we suggest you do without delay, you will not be disappointed... Making bliss balls with them is the ultimate treat too, so do yourself a favour and don't sub for dried dates in this recipe!
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sultanas
12 Medjool dates
3 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
Optional: extra toppings - shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds or cacao powder to roll in.
Add all of the ingredients (apart from the extra toppings) into a food processor. Process for 2 minutes.
Add a few teaspoons of water and process again until the mixture balls up into a dough.
Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls. If you'd like you can coat each ball in various toppings of your choice e.g. cacao powder, pumpkin seeds or shredded coconut.
Store in fridge (will keep well for a week) or freezer (for months)
If you want to try Medjool dates the team will be in stores doing tastings over the next few week so pop into your local...
- New Lynn - Thursday 8/02/2018 11am-2pm
- Glen Innes - Friday 9/02/2018 11am-2pm
- Royal Oak - Sunday 11/02/2018 11am-2pm
- Harvest by Huckleberry - Wednesday 7/02/2018 11am-2pm
- Parnell - Wednesday 14/02/2018 11am-2pm
- Herne Bay - Thursday 15/02/18 11am-2pm
- Glen Innes - Friday 16/02/2018 11am-2pm
- Milford - Sunday 18/02/18 11am-2pm